In Jupiter, Florida Dr. Bella Lauren of the Agape Healing Arts Health and Wellness Center offers an array of holistic healthcare services to her patients including vaginal steam. A unique therapy for a doctor's office we sit down with Dr. Lauren to learn more about how she came to offer vaginal steaming.
What is your profession?
I am a Holistic Physician, Herbalist and Midwife
Where did you go to school or get your professional training?
- Acadamy of Healing Arts in Lake Worth Florida for my certificate and License for Massage Therapy
- Miami Dade Comminity College Medical Campus for three year Midwifery Sciences Degree, certification and License as a Home birth Midwife
- Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine in Fort Lauderdale for my bachelors in health sciences and masters in oriental medicine, certification and license as an acupuncture physician and Doctor or Oriental Medicine
- Advanced training, certification and certified instructor for the Arvigo Institute and Transformational Breath Foundation
- Advanced training, certification in Holistic Pelvic Care with Tami Kent
- Ongoing Continuing education and studies with Upledger Institute in Palm Beach Gardens Florida for Craniosacral Therapy with advanced training in conception, pregnancy, birth, pediatrics and lymphatic drainage technique.
- Peristeam Hydrotherapy Institute for continued education on vaginal steam therapy.
What led you to this type of work?
My sister introduced me to home birth when she was in chiropractic college. When I heard about Home birth I was immediately intrigued and began to research it and fell in love with the concept and felt called to empower and support women in having a choice for childbirth out of the hospital setting.
How long have you been practicing?
I began my Midwifery studies in 1997 at which time I assisted with my first home birth. She is now 21 years old! That amazes me.
I knew I was not going to stop with just midwifery. I knew this was a life long passion of self discovery, learning and continuing to grow as a practitoner. I really wanted to be a Naturopath but there is no licensure in Florida so I investigated Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture and decided that I could practice as a holistic physician with this License.
How did you learn about vaginal steaming?
I learned about vaginal steaming when I began to have my babies and was seeing an Arvigo practitioner for my postpartum abdominal massage and vaginal steam. I loved it.
What has your personal experience with steaming been?
It has helped me with speedy recovery with all four of my births. It has also helped me attain the perfect period!
How long have you been offering vaginal steam services to clients?
I have been offering steam sessions to clients for 7 years now.
Where do you offer your services?
In Tequesta/Jupiter Florida. I have a healing center called, Agape Healing Arts Health and Wellness Center
How do clients respond when you offer them vaginal steam services? Any funny stories?
They are surprised sometimes as they never heard of such a thing. But once they try it they are convinced because of how relaxing it feels and the therapeutic benefits they receive.
Any favorite quotes from clients?
I tell everyone who I see that they are a “queen” and the steam chair they sit on is their “thrown”. They love that! One of them calls me “the queen of steam”.
Do any vaginal steam success stories stand out where the client had a significant health breakthrough?
The most significant one was for fertility issues. It was a woman who was struggling for four years with fertility issues and after no success with IUI or IVF she adopted a baby. Shortly after she brought her new baby home her mother told her about how in their culture back at home in Haiti the women would steam for fertility. She showed her daughter how to do it and had her steam for a week straight in which time much phlegm was discharged from her uterus. Not long after that she found herself pregnant with twins!
Agape Healing Arts Health & Wellness Center